Are you concerned about losing that ‘special’ MTN number? No need to worry, we’ve got you covered with our Number Reservation service.
MTN Number Reservation gives you an opportunity to reserve your existing number for as long as 24 months (at a cost) even when you are inactive on the network.
- All prepaid subscribers with an existing MTN number.
How to reserve a number
- Dial *1390# (short code is free).
- Select option 1 to reserve your own number.
- Select option 2 to reserve for someone.
Reserving your own number
- Enter your MTN phone number.
- Confirm the number.
- Provide an alternate number (on net or off net) or email address.
- Confirm the alternate number or email.
- Select a reservation period (12months or 24months).
Reserving someone’s number on their behalf.
- Enter the person’s MTN number.
- Repeat process from points 2 – 5 above.
- An SMS will be sent to the owner of the line to confirm their consent before processing request.
- Request will only be successful when owner of number confirms request.
Checking expiry date for a number that has already been reserved
- Select option 3 after dialing the *1390# to see your number reservation expiry date.
Charges per reservation period
- 12 months – GH¢15
- 24 months – GH¢25
NB: You need to have sufficient balance to enable you subscribe to the service.