KelniGVG Ltd, a player in the telecom industry, is a Ghanaian company that provides value-added ICT management and consultancy services.
Incorporated in 1995, Kelni was acquired in 2017 by a group of Ghanaian entrepreneurs with the sole purpose of empowering Ghanaians and deepening their skills in technology by investing in best practice systems. Such systems enable Kelni to bring world-class technological know-how to the Ghanaian economy. In line with this goal, Kelni entered into a relationship with GVG to create KelniGVG.
Our Vision: To be a leading player in the management of network and telecommunications services delivery.
Our Mission: To provide cutting-edge solutions that bring the utmost satisfaction to our clients, both locally and internationally.
Major GVG Projects Executed & Managed in Africa
1. Liberia: Original five-year (5) contract was renewed for an additional one (1) year on good performance.
2. Rwanda: Contract for telecommunications traffic monitoring, mobile money monitoring and fraud management has been running since 2012.
3. Senegal: Providing services to the Senegalese telecom regulator for telecommunications traffic monitoring and fraud management system since 2014.
4. Congo Republic: Providing services to the Congolese telecom regulator for telecommunications traffic monitoring and fraud management system since 2009.
5. Uganda: Providing services to Ugandan authorities for telecommunications traffic monitoring and fraud management system since 2016.
6. Guinea Conakry: Contract spanned from 2009 to 2014. Worked with them for an additional year (2014-2015). No longer in force.
7. Togo: Contract with incumbent state-owned operator, Togo Telecom spanned from 2007 to 2012.
8. Sotelgui Guinee: Contract spanned from 2003 to 2006.
9. Gamtel Gambia: Contract spanned from 2005 to 2007.
Ghana Common Monitoring Platform Update
1. Completed high-level design for MTN, Airtel-Tigo, Glo and Vodafone.
2. Procured and delivered to the premises of NCA servers and racks to be installed at operator data centers.
3. Completed installation of Network Operating Centre (NOC) on Fourth (4th) Floor of the NCA Tower. This stage of works covers civil works, air conditioning, fire protection, clean power, monitoring screens, set up of work stations for agents, racks and servers for data aggregation and analysis, furnishings, etc.
4. Installed GSM Gateways for antifraud management on international inbound traffic, and daily test calls and reports presented to NCA.
5. Implemented system to analyse and report on monthly CDRs for NCA. The set up has been in place since March 2018.
6. Ministry of Communications to grant KelniGVG engineers access to the sites of mobile network operators (MNOs) to effect installation of transmission links.
Services Offered on the Ghana Common Platform:
1) Telecom Traffic Monitoring System (TTMS)
The TTMS integrates into one single platform all the tools required to independently verify, measure and analyse the different types of traffic going through the telecommunication networks of a given country. This highly secure private network of telecom traffic data enables governments and relevant authorities to maintain full and real-time visibility over this vital sector of the economy.
The TTMS structures the traffic information into Call Detail Records (CDRs) and other data records, for a number of critical purposes related to telecommunications, including (but not limited to):
1. Traffic measurement and billing,
2. Regulatory monitoring and enforcement,
3. Policy-making; and,
4. National security analyses and investigations.
Used in conjunction with KelniGVG’s Fraud Management System (FMS), included in the Ghana package, the TTMS also provides a powerful means to fight against a varied mix of telecom frauds that adversely impact on traffic revenue as with, for example, the illegal termination of international calls (also known as grey traffic, bypassing or Sim-Boxing).
The TTMS brings the following benefits to all stakeholders:
1. Enforces transparency and accountability throughout the telecom sector.
2. Eliminates the risk of under-declaration.
3. Protects revenue against fraudulent practices such as the illegal termination of international incoming calls (also commonly referred to as “grey traffic” or “SIM-Boxing”).
4. Enables the decision- and policy-making processes related to telecoms through comprehensive and up-to-date information and reports.
5. Informs the decision and planning processes related to the granting of new licenses and/or the upgrade/renewal of existing licenses.
6. Generate new revenue streams for the government through the monetisation of selected telecom services that are accurately measured and billed by the system.
2) Fraud Management System (FMS) & SIM Localisation Services
A. Grey Route and by-Pass Detection System
The FMS includes a state-of-the-art gray route and by-pass detection system. This system covers all types of fraudulent practices that affect not only the financial performance, but also the security and quality of international interconnectivity services in Ghana, including:
1. Analog bypass using SIM-box;
2. Digital bypass using PBX;
3. International refilling;
4. Under-declaration of traffic volumes; and
5. CLI (calling party number information) violations.
The FMS uses automated detection calls to identify grey routes and detect fraudulent lines. The solution makes it possible to efficiently counteract bypass fraud, thus reducing its negative impact on both the local operators’ turnover and the government’s revenue.
B. Geo-Localisation of Fraudulent Sites
Beside the integrated detection features of the FMS, our SIM-Localisation services also provide the authorities with a tactical tool to perform location tracking of GSM Mobile Stations, including SIM-boxes, and to identify the perpetrators who are bypassing the international gateways. The goal is to ensure that the telecom regulator (NCA) and other revenue assurance authorities are equipped with the necessary tools and technologies that enable them to permanently dismantle fraudulent sites.
3) Mobile Money Monitoring Platform (M3)
The M3 platform allows for the real-time monitoring of all MM transactions processed by the MM services in a given country. Through the ongoing collection, consolidation and analysis of MM information, it enables the government and relevant agencies address the issues that arise in a rapidly developing mobile payment services ecosystem, including the enforcement of AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know your Customer) and CFT (Combat the Financing of Terrorism) rules and standards.
The M3 provides the data required to oversee the MM industry and ensure its harmonious and sustainable development in compliance with laws and regulations. The M3 helps reap the full benefits of MM as a powerful means of financial inclusion while addressing its vulnerabilities in terms of consumer protection, money laundering, and revenue leakages.
The M3 brings the following benefits to all stakeholders:
1. Allows for real oversight of the Mobile Money market in the country, enabling authorities to verify compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including:
KYC standards and rules;
2. Provides a clear and comprehensive view of the Mobile Money market evolution and trends in the country, in real-time and over any given period;
3. Better informs the decision- and policy-making processes related to Mobile Money through comprehensive and up-to-date information; and Can be used in conjunction with GVG’s AML complementary solution to investigate and track money-laundering activities
4) Telecom Revenue Verification System (TRVS)
The TVRS provides objective and comprehensive information on the revenue generated by the whole spectrum of telecom services on an on-going basis, accounting for all revenue-generating events and transactions that flow through the systems of the operators. The TRVS enables the Ghanaian authorities to accurately and independently verify the revenue of each operator related to prepaid and post-paid voice, SMS/MMS, data and roaming services and bundles.
The TRVS also monitors the evolution of the telecom market in Ghana and provides continuously updated data to better inform the decision and policy-making processes related to this market. Its implementation alone represents a strong incentive for transparency and compliance throughout the industry.
The TRVS brings the following benefits to all stakeholders:
1. Enforces transparency and accountability throughout the telecom sector.
2. Dramatically reduces the risk of revenue under-declaration.
3. Better informs the planning, decision- and policy-making processes related to telecoms through comprehensive and up-to-date information.
4. Provides a clear and comprehensive view of the telecom market’s evolution and trends in the country, in real-time and over any given
5. Provides detailed assessment of expected tax revenues for the government.
6. Allows for better-targeted, sped-up and improved fiscal auditing and tax adjustment processes.
5) Data Monitoring System (DMS)
The DMS is a highly efficient and non-intrusive monitoring tool that provides full visibility over the data traffic of a given country. The DMS collects detailed information and statistics about the consumption of data and OTT services and structures this information in such a way that it can be easily analysed for different purposes, including security, intelligence, market surveillance, regulatory monitoring and tax enforcement.
6) Central Equipment Identification Management System (CEIMS)
The CEIMS is a centralized IMEI database for the identification and control of all devices connecting to the networks of a given country, including stolen, counterfeited and cloned devices. It collects device information from all the GSM operators in real-time for a number of critical purposes, including handset population analysis, investigations and measures against device theft, cloning and counterfeiting.
Physical Address and Telephone
1st floor Avalon House, 13 Dade Link, North Labone, Accra
Tel.: 0302 799200/201,
Ghana Post GPS: GL-028-0454.
KelniGVG has a core team of fourteen (14) staff. This includes a seasoned team of technical, general management & administrative, and finance staff.
For further information, please, kindly visit the KelniGVG website at www.kelnigvg.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, note that the above information will be reviewed and updated to reflect further developments.
source: KELNIGVG LTD