MTN MoMo in partnership with United Pension Trustees (UPT) is pleased to introduce a tier three pension scheme that provides pension benefits to ensure retirement income security for every worker, whether in the formal or informal sector known as MY OWN PENSION (MOP). Register at any any MTN Customer Care and Dial*170# and select option 9.
MOP is easy and simple to sign up; all you need to get started is an MTN MoMo wallet.
The Pension reform establish rules, regulations and standards for administration and payment of pension benefits to ensure that all workers have access to pension products and receive pension benefits as and when due.
Research shows that, in Ghana, 85% of total labour force, are in the Informal sector. (NPRA Fact Sheets). The ILO Report 2014 shows, only 1 out of 13 elderly people receives pension and only 1 out of 7 people in the labor force is covered under SSNIT.
These highlighted concerns have created an unserved need that has to be met.
The affordability and flexibility it comes with enables everyone to enroll and plan for the future regardless of the job you do. You can make contributions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis depending on your income level. Another good thing is that you can also make voluntary contributions to add up to your regular contributions.
In addition to being a pension scheme, it also has a savings component that can be accessed to meet pressing needs after a period of signing up.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: MY OWN PENSION SCHEME
1. It is a voluntary retirement pension plan which provides secured retirement income to individuals mostly in the informal sector.
2. Registration and payment are enabled through Mobile Money for easy accessibility and settlement.
3. Scheme is open to all individuals above 15 years old, workers in the formal and informal sectors.
4. It seeks to improve the quality of life for as many people as possible by enabling them to save flexible amounts of money regularly towards their pension through their Mobile Phones.
Membership is open to all individuals, workers in the formal and informal sectors and is particularly apt for the:
1. Self Employed (including spare parts dealers, shop owners, Mechanics, etc.);
2. Artistes (Entertainment industry);
3. Sports men and women;
4. Market Women and Men;
5. Casual / Contract workers;
7. Taxi and Trotro Operators and mates;
8. Government and Non-Government workers
For further information, visit https://unitedpensiontrustees.com.gh/my-own-pension/ or call 100.
Source: mtn ghana / United Pension Trustees (UPT)