MTN Ghana Foundation is inviting students in public tertiary institutions to apply for its Bright Scholarships which is opened from 3rd April to 3rd May 2018. The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
Are you a First year or continuing student pursuing first degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance? The MTN Ghana Foundation has launched a scholarship scheme to support 100 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education. 300 scholarship awards would be given over a period of three years and beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of Ghana. This scholarship will cover the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
For about two decades, 1000s of Ghanaian youth have been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme.
Refer to the criteria below and mode of application, complete the application form and present to MTN Ghana Foundation through any of our regional offices or online via scholarships.mtn.com.gh.
1. Must be a citizen of Ghana
2. Must be proven to be;
c) Be hard-working with excellent academic results
(An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
A continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
d) Be involved in extra curricula activities.
e) Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behavior.
3. Continuing students and first year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
4. Provide a one page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
5. Attach WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from your Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
6. Application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
7. Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
8. An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
9. Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN, and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
10. Application submission shall be opened from April 3, 2018 and closes on May 3, 2018 at 11:59pm.
11. Successful Candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by May 28, 2018.
Applicants can go online and apply through the web portal scholarships.mtn.com.gh OR visit any of these MTN Service Centers to pick up forms ; Tamale Branch, Wa Branch, Bolgatanga Branch, Kumasi (Nhyaeso branch), Takoradi Main-Beach Road, Ho main Branch, MTN House, Accra, Cape Coast Branch, Sunyani main Branch, Koforidua Main Branch. For further clarification or assistance, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0244300000.
PLEASE NOTE: Under no circumstances whatsoever would an applicant be required to pay any money for the processing of their applications.
• For further clarification or assistance, e-mail to email@example.com or call 0244300000
For more information, visit https://scholarships.mtn.com.gh/ or any MTN Service Center for application forms.
source: MTN GHANA FOUNDATION