- Michael Owusu Addo, known by his stage name Sarkodie, is a Ghanaian hip hop recording artist and entrepreneur from Tema. He won the Best International Act: Africa category at the 2012 BET Awards, and was nominated in the same category at the 2014 BET Awards. In 2015, Sarkodie was ranked the 19th most Influential Ghanaian by e.tv Ghana. He is considered one of the major proponents of the Azonto genre and dance. Sarkodie is often named as one of Africa’s greatest hip hop artists. MTV Base ranked him 6th on its list of the Hottest African MC’s in 2014.
2. Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., (born October 17, 1984) is a Ghanaian-born producer and reggae-dancehall musician. He is known by his stage name Shatta Wale (formerly Bandana), His best known song is “Dancehall King”, which led to winning the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards. He traveled to Jamaica to learn dancehall. He is the leader, chief executive officer (CEO) and founder of the Shatta Movement Records (SM) or (SM4LYF).
3. Bisa Kdei is the first Ghanaian artiste to break into the limelight with a movie sound track.Musically, Bisa Kdei has had successful collaborations with top musicians in Ghana, Africa and the World at large. Bisa Kdei self produced some of these collaborations from his studio; Chingam by Sarkodie, One of Your Own by Efya, Pimpinaa by Obrafour, etc.
4. Stonebwoy is the stage name of Livingstone Etse Satekla, a Ghanaian afropop, dancehall and reggae artiste. He is the CEO of Burniton Music Group. In 2015, he won Best International Act: Africa at the 2015 BET Awards and Artist of the Year at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards.He is recognized as one of the leading Reggae and Dancehall artists in Ghana.
5. R2Bees is a Ghanaian hip hop and hiplife duo from Tema made up of Faisal Hakeem (Paedae da Pralem/Omar Sterling) and Rashid Mugeez (Mugeez). They were nominated at the 2013 BET Awards.