This is a new prepaid promotion, where customer gets exciting benefit on recharges. Every recharge of Ghc 1 gives free on-net calls+ free call to other networks (First minute of the day)+ Free Data in addition to regular credit
You can now enjoy Glo Yakata, the most innovative product in the telecoms market today. The product delivers unmatchable benefits to subscribers once they recharge.
What do I get after recharging my account
• You will get unlimited free Glo-Glo calls
• Free first minute every day to call other networks
• Free data, based on the denomination recharge denominations.
Airtime credit can be used for local & international calls, data & other value added services.
**Usages after Free First Min of the day will be charged at Gp12/Min.
3. How can I participate in YAKATA?
Buy a new SIM card, dial *455# to move to Yakata and recharge to enjoy Yakata benefits on every recharge
4. When do I get the Yakata benefits of Free Data,Free Glo-Glo and Glo to others Voice calls?
The data and voice benefits are received instantly after recharge and notified through an SMS.
5. What is the validity of the Yakata benefits?
The Yakata benefits validity varies basis recharge denomination as detailed below
Ghc1=2 Days,Ghc2=4 Days,Ghc5=10 Days, Ghc10=20 Days, Ghc20=40 Days, Ghc50 =100 Days
6. What happens if I do multiple recharges?
In case of multiple recharges you will get benefit of the higher validity among the recharges, data benefits will accumulate, free one minute call to other network will be extend till validity remains.
7. How can I view the Yakata Free voice & data benefits?
Yakata, voice and data benefits can be viewed by dialing *124*1#
8. What are the usages charges after YAKATA benefits of First Free minute and free data benefits have exhausted?
All calls to other networks are charged at flat rate– Gp12/min, SMS at Gp5 and Pay go data at Gp3/MB. Glo-Glo calls will still be free till recharge specific validity period.
9. What are the usages charges after YAKATA benefits validity expires?
All Glo-Glo & Glo-others calls are charged at flat rate– Gp12/min, SMS flat rate at Gp5 & Data at Gp3/MB. All usages are debited from the main account.
10. What happens if I don’t use the voice or data benefits?
Both voice & data benefits expire on validity expiration.
11. Will I get the YAKATA benefits after recharging with 4X on Etop-up ?
No. if you recharge with 4X Etop-up denominations you only will get 4X benefits. 4x on Etop-up denominations are: (GHc1.5, GHc2.5, GHc5.5, GHc8.5, GHc10.5 GHc14, GHc18 & GHc27)
12. What happens if I Etop-up my line using Bank transfer/Mobile money etc
You will get the Yakata benefits on all regular recharge denominations. On other recharge denominations (except 4X) you will get the nearest lower physical denomination benefits. For example if you Etop-up your line with GHc 1.3 you will get the benefit of Ghc1 Yakata recharge
13. What happens if I send an SMS after recharge?
You will be charged at 5Gp/SMS.
14. What happens if I purchase any VAS service (Joke, Facebook on ussd)?
The VAS service value will be charged from main account.
15. What happens if I have recharged with *127# for Twin Bash?
If you recharge with *127# you will only get Twin Bash benefits & not Yakata benefits.
16. How can I migrate from Yakata to any other profile?
You just need to dial the desired profile code for migration & will be migrated instantly.
17. How to a purchase data bundle?
Yakata customer can dial *555# and are given an option to buy data bundle of Ghc10 and above, non Yakata customers can purchase any data bundle.
source: GLO GHANA