In Ghana being verified on Twitter is seen as an Upgrade and Recognition of one’s personality Status which most people wish to gain over the years in Ghana. Most “Popular” personalities who have excelled in their field of work have large followers, Which opens up wider coverage of any information they intend to relay to their fans and whether negative or positive some of them have been able to achieve what they intend doing.
Do you look down on people with no VERIFIED TWITTER PAGE?
A Twitter verification is visible by a small blue checkmark next to a user’s name confirming a user’s identity. but Twitter issued a statement to that effect that..
Verification was meant to authenticate identity & voice but it is interpreted as an endorsement or an indicator of importance. We recognize that we have created this confusion and need to resolve it. We have paused all general verifications while we work and will report back soon
I will share with you personalities from Ghana who have large audiences on twitter and having much influence in the life’s of their followers.
- Kofi Nahaje Sarkodie-Mensah (born August 14, 1981) is a Ghanaian professional wrestler signed to WWE on the SmackDown brand under the ring name Kofi Kingston in which he is a member of The New Day along with teammates Big E and Xavier Woods.
2. Michael Owusu Addo, known by his stage name Sarkodie, is a Ghanaian hip hop recording artist and entrepreneur from Tema.He won the Best International Act: Africa category at the 2012 BET Awards, and was nominated in the same category at the 2014 BET Awards.In 2015, Sarkodie was ranked the 19th most Influential Ghanaian by e.tv Ghana. He is considered one of the major proponents of the Azonto genre and dance. Sarkodie is often named as one of Africa’s greatest hip hop artists.
3. Jane Awindor (born 10 April 1987),better known by her stage name Efya, is a Ghanaian singer, songwriter, and actress from Kumasi. She is the daughter of Nana Adwoa Awindor, a filmmaker and celebrity host of the late television show Greetings From Abroad. Efya got her first exposure to fame when she participated in the maiden edition of the Stars of the Future talent show. She won the Best Female Vocal Performance category at the Ghana Music Awards in four succession, beginning in 2011.
4. John Dramani Mahama born 29 November 1958) is a Ghanaian politician who served as President of Ghana from 24 July 2012 to 7 January 2017. He previously served as Vice President of Ghana from 2009 to 2012, and took office as President on 24 July 2012 following the death of his predecessor, John Atta Mills. A communication expert, historian, and writer, Mahama was a Member of Parliament from 1997 to 2009 and Minister of Communications from 1998 to 2001. He is a member of the National Democratic Congress.
5. Yvonne Nelson (born 12 November 1985) is a Ghanaian actress, model, film producer and an entrepreneur.