Generally meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payments and transfer cash only when you are sure that the product is in conformity with the description placed in the advertisement. Never transfer money in advance in promise of delivery.Always verify the item before and after purchase of the item.
Remember! Never send money to seller account, do not hand over money or dispatch fee for an item. If the seller insists you that he will send item only after you posted the payment on his account, block the seller and look for other genuine sellers.
ONLINE SHOPPERS AND BUYERS MUST TAKE NOTE.
Real Estate Category
- Do not send cash for deposit in promise that the house will e reserved for you. Make sure you have seen the house first and are comfortable to make payment.
- Never make any rush transactions. Any seller who is prompting you to make rush decisions are not genuine
- If the seller tells you that he/she has a partner (a wife or husband) who is on the ground, just know that they are not genuine.
- If the seller asks you for cash for fuel in promise of delivering the car, know that the user is not genuine and do not fall for the trap.
- If the seller asks you for commitment fee in promise of delivery of the car , know that the user is not genuine.
- If the employer asks for registration fee or cash to secure the job, that employer is not genuine. A genuine employer will not ask you for any cash in promise of a job.
- If the employer asks you for cash to secure a training venue, that employer is not genuine and do not fall for the trap
- Always check and verify the gadget you want to buy to make sure it matches the description on site before and after making the payment.
- Do not send cash in form of delivery fee/ deposit in promise that the item will be delivered.
- Make payment after you are satisfied with the item you want to buy.
- Watch out for fake electronics and Mobile. If you don’t know how to differentiate, have someone who does accompany you to the seller.
To the Sellers
- Always meet the buyer in an area you are comfortable with.
- If you are selling household items, it’s advisable that you meet the buyer outside the house in the presence of the home security guard.
- Cash payment is the most efficient mode of payment- Avoid Cheques/ M-Pesa transactions especially if you are dealing with the buyer for the first time.
- It’s advisable to have a friend/ relative accompany you as you go to meet the buyer.
5.Do not allow yourself to make rush transactions. Remember if the deal is too good, think twice!
Pay attention! You are responsible for the actions taken by you.
- Ahonya Shop